Friday, November 20, 2015


It's not like I don't have a dozen or more unfinished projects I could work on....

But I've had this group of fat quarters for the last 15 years or so and I finally got inspired to do something with them.  Maybe I could consider the collection of fabric an unfinished project.

I made one block.  I'm thinking there will be 30.  There are 64 fat quarters and I'll pair them up to make one block.  It may be a long time project, too.

Here's the first one.  Easy-peasy to sew, but it's a lot of sewing.  1-1/2" finished squares.  

100 little squares per block.

Here's the pile of fat quarters, on the selvedge is written:
Moda Fabrics 1999 "Floral Trails".

Thursday, November 19, 2015


With the papers gone, it went together very quickly.

I bought some fabric for the backing already.  Now I don't think I like it with the top.  Does that give me permission to go fabric shopping?

I made the binding since I ran out of things to do.  So I better get a back and get it quilted before I misplace the binding.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015


I got the last part of the block finished and sewed to it's mate.  I sewed one whole block together.

I realized it would be easier if the paper was gone.  So, I stopped and removed all of the paper from the back of the blocks.

What a mess.  I love being able to make a big mess in my studio and walking away....

But...I'll have to clean it up eventually.

Sunday, November 08, 2015


I sewed them together and then called it a day.

Tuesday, November 03, 2015


I made a little progress today.

I cut out all of the pieces that I will need (I was worried I wasn't going to have enough gray).  I still have enough of the gray left to make the binding from - so that worked out good.

And I made the extra parts to replace the two blocks that got damaged and made them.  So, I'm all caught up.

I also changed my mind about the order of the colors.

This is how it was originally planned.

This is what I changed it to.