Thursday, June 30, 2016
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
One of the gals I work with, Wanda, asked me if I'd make a quilt from dog fabrics for a raffle to benefit her dog club.
Of course I would.
She went shopping and we texted back and forth with pictures and suggestions until we settle on a group of fabrics.
Here they are, they are mostly Laurel Burch, and some batiks:
I washed them and took them up to my studio and couldn't help but add a few of my own fabrics. I added the white fabrics and the three black ones on the right.
I think I have a plan, simple yet hopefully, interesting. The problem was cutting the dog fabric diagonally, then every other one would be upside down if I set them all same. So, it took me several variations until I came upon this one, which will eliminate that problem for me. Adding the white triangles will help break it up, while the black triangles pop the bright colors.
Doesn't have to be done until September, but I should get going on it soon.