Thursday, October 31, 2019


I swept the pollen off the walkway this morning.  It's everywhere!

Pollen bombs

Wednesday, October 30, 2019


I followed the instructions by Brenda Swenson in the latest issue of PleinAir Magazine and painted this pumpkin patch.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019


I finally got that last seam sewn.

I'm not really happy about the seams that don't match up because of the pattern.  How is anyone to know that they aren't supposed to match?  It just looks like I failed to line things up when sewn together.

I'm telling myself this piece is just a learning piece.


Monday, October 28, 2019


I've got it almost all sewn together.

Just one more long seam to go.

I had to stop and go make dinner.

Saturday, October 26, 2019


Okay, all of the parts and pieces have been made and are up on  the wall.  

I noticed that when you pull the freezer paper off of the backs of the ones that have been pieced with the 1/4" lines in them it pulls the threads of the seam allowances, making a bit of a mess.  All of the stray threads need to be trimmed so they don't shadow through to the front.  I figured it would be best to do them at the time, instead of waiting to do them when the top is all together (which I never seem to do).

Now I just have to sew them together. 

I got a few sewed together today.

Darrell and I took the dogs to Seward Park for a walk.  We haven't been there in a while - I had forgotten how special it is.

Friday, October 25, 2019


We painted a still life today in class.

Here's a photo of it...

Wednesday, October 23, 2019


I think I've settled on calling it Helter Skelter.

I got a little bit more done.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Sunday, October 20, 2019


After our regular grocery shopping in the morning... 

then the dog walk in the park, where they left me behind...

 I got busy on my project.  I'm thinking of calling it Helter Skelter.
 It's coming along.

I make these pieces first, then cut them to the proper shape...

I'm not sewing the parts together yet in case I need to change a color...

Mr. Bentley was sitting on the table, which is under the umbrella, where he is out of the rain...

Saturday, October 19, 2019


Last night we were visited by lightning with very loud thunder that shook the house, strong winds and heavy rains.  

This morning was more of the heavy rains, but, alas, no more thunder and lightning.

We headed up to Carnation to see some spectacular fall colors.  It sounded like fun, but the rains put a bit of a damper on it and cut our outing short.   (But, it was beautiful.)

After a quick lunch at the Issaquah PCC, we headed home and I went straight up to work on my project.  I've got these sections done, and cut out the next section.

Friday, October 18, 2019


I made a few more pieces after my class.  


We talked about value in today's Acrylics Class.  Then we painted these peppers.  Fun!

Thursday, October 17, 2019


I'm starting a new project and I'm really excited about it.  I'm still working out how to do it, how to make it.  That's probably why I'm excited.

I got a few pieces up on the wall.  I'm going to play it by ear, or should I say eye, as to what colors go where.

I don't have  my head wrapped around how to make these pieces.  I think I was starting to understand on the last piece I did.  Hopefully, I'll remember tomorrow when I get back to it.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019


I spent a few hours painting these sunflowers in acrylics on bristol paper.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019


A great lesson in painting negative space.

Monday, October 14, 2019


I made two half blocks, and got everything all put together.

Sunday, October 13, 2019


They were good dogs for a minute.

Saturday, October 12, 2019


I worked on my final project from the last week's workshop.  

One of the things Patricia suggested was using these very, very fine pins, made by Clover [Patchwork Pins (fine) Art No. 2507].  And, using a lot of pins - every half inch or more.

Using these methods gave me beautiful results.

Look at these gorgeous intersections!  I even impressed myself.

Pinning those long seams is very time consuming, but I finally got it finished.