Wednesday, August 09, 2017

FINALLY DONE!

I was so happy to get this huge quilt finished! It has been on the machine for two weeks.  I recorded over 9-1/2 hours on the machine, which means I probably put in almost twice that much time on it.  

This is the Wallflower Quilt that I made from a kit from Craftsy.  It is 90" wide and 108" long.  That is about as big a quilt that will fit on my machine.  I hope to never get one that big again.

Let me know if you are interested in it.




I even got the binding made and sewn on - there will be a lot of time put in hand sewing it down on the back.  Later.

After I got it off the machine, I performed my monthly grease and clean. 

Waxing the rails.

Monday, August 07, 2017

IMPROV QUILT

I took a class at Gossypium Quilt Shop in Issaquah last Saturday.  It was "Improv Piecing" taught by Debbie Jeske.

I was intrigued and had a good time.

I was so excited about finishing the project that I designed a block while at work and then came home early one day and made the block.


I cut out the paper pieces and used those as templates for the parts of the block.

All of the blocks together.

 Today, I sewed the blocks together and put a border on it.