Sunday, November 20, 2016


I finished all the rows, sewing them together as I went.  Each row had to be pinned so the intersecting triangles tips lined up correctly.

Here's the finished top.  

When I finished it, I folded it up and gathered up all the leftovers, bits and pieces and put them all away.

I have another project that needs to be finished soon.

I really want to finish this one though.  So, hopefully, I'll get back to it soon.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016


I've been working on the green cat quilt.  And as I do, I've been thinking of a name for it.

I finally came up with Abracadabra.  That's it.

I finished all of the blocks and sewed two rows together yesterday.

Today I did two more rows in the morning and two more after lunch.

It takes about an hour to an hour and a half to get two rows sewn together.

Saturday, November 05, 2016


I found this interesting cat fabric (with a green backgroun) on the flat fold table at Pacific Fabrics on 4th Avenue South in Seattle.  I couldn't resist it, I bought all they had in two pieces, probably about 2-1/2 yards.  Then I wandered about and found some go-withs, including two yards of a green.  I got extra, thinking I'd use it as the binding at the very least.

The pile of fabrics has been sitting around for several months at least.

I decided I wanted to use them and experiment with 60-degree triangles.  I've never really made a quilt using them.  And it was about time.

I added some more go-withs from my stash and started cutting triangles.

I've been sewing little pieces into bigger pieces for the last few weeks.

Today I stuck them up on the wall.

Here's what I have so far.  The white spots are blank.  I need to fill them in with fabric.