Thursday, April 11, 2013


After the body of the quilt is done, I added a 2" red border (same color as the outside triangles).

I measured the quilt top across the middle both directions and cut the border strips to length.  I was amazed at how much easing into it I had to do.  I hope the quilt top will be flat.  Better then a ruffly border though, I guess.

Then I added a 5" purple border.  It's now done.

My sewing machine started making a clunking noise just as I was finishing up the blocks.  It wasn't sewing quite right when I put on the borders.   I had to take it into the shop for a good cleaning and tuning up.  It will be gone for two weeks.  Yikes.

I'd bought the machine in 1993 brand new, a Bernina 1230.  It's 20 years old and has a lot of miles on it.  But it's been a great machine, I have a newer one I've never used because I like my older one so much.  I'm going to have to get the newer one out while mine is in the shop.

The newer one doesn't work either, the repair shop says it's just gummed up from not being used, so it's going to get a good cleaning, also.

My sister loaned me her Bernina, I'll have to clean and oil it too, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment