Thursday, April 11, 2013

BORDERS AND DONE

After the body of the quilt is done, I added a 2" red border (same color as the outside triangles).

I measured the quilt top across the middle both directions and cut the border strips to length.  I was amazed at how much easing into it I had to do.  I hope the quilt top will be flat.  Better then a ruffly border though, I guess.





Then I added a 5" purple border.  It's now done.





My sewing machine started making a clunking noise just as I was finishing up the blocks.  It wasn't sewing quite right when I put on the borders.   I had to take it into the shop for a good cleaning and tuning up.  It will be gone for two weeks.  Yikes.

I'd bought the machine in 1993 brand new, a Bernina 1230.  It's 20 years old and has a lot of miles on it.  But it's been a great machine, I have a newer one I've never used because I like my older one so much.  I'm going to have to get the newer one out while mine is in the shop.

Post:
The newer one doesn't work either, the repair shop says it's just gummed up from not being used, so it's going to get a good cleaning, also.

My sister loaned me her Bernina, I'll have to clean and oil it too, probably.








No comments:

Post a Comment