Saturday, September 21, 2013

29 FACES - NUMBER 21



I saw the photo of this interestingly round face in the newspaper.  I couldn't resist cutting it out and filed it.  I found it today and used it as one of my faces for the month.

He looked like he deserved a real painting - acrylics on canvas.  I decided to use a limited palette of some new colors I picked up because they were on sale - Quinacridone Violet and Yellow Ochre.  To that I added my faithful Prussian Blue and of course some Zinc White.
Let me just say, it was not easy.  They headed towards the greys really fast.  But, all in all, I think it worked out okay.  After all, it's all about the value.

This is 5" by 7" acrylics on canvas.  His name is Frank.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:57 AM

    What a great color challenge you set for yourself and it worked well! I love the variety of shapes your faces have had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does have a round head! You have made a wonderful painting of the man.

    All of your pen and ink with watercolor faces are just marvelous. I so admire your work.

    ReplyDelete