Friday, October 23, 2015

ME AND CEZANNE

Darrell and I went to Seattle Art Museum today to see the "Intimate Impressionism" exhibit.  It features quite a few smaller paintings from the collection of the Mellon Family on loan from the National Gallery of Art.  
I got up close and got a very good look at Cezanne's "Still Life with Milk Jug"  that I had recently painted from a very bad newspaper image.  The actually painting was much darker and richer in color than I had expected (aren't they almost always?!).  I enjoyed looking at the way he laid down the paint and trying to figure out exactly the process he used as opposed to how I did it.  I'm jealous of the folks that can sit in the Louvre and gaze at the masterpiece as they try to replicate it.  And I understand now how much one can learn by doing so.

Me and Cezanne's "Still Life with Milk Jug"

My painting 


No comments:

Post a Comment