Saturday, April 06, 2019

PI SLICES

I finished off the Alphabet block I had started yesterday.


Then I got serious about the Pi quilt.  I cut lots of strips.  Now I just need to cut out 2400 + parts and sew them back together.  

I had printed out a circle divided into twelve sections and drew 4" and 5" squares on it, because I hadn't decided what size I was going with until now. They are going to be 4" squares.   I made templates from this.  I only need a "one" and a "two".  The "one" works for 4, 7, and 10 also. The "two" makes up the 2, 5, 8 and 11.  


From the big pile of strips I cut, I used those templates to cut out parts for the  177 blocks needed.


And sewed them together.


I trimmed those squares down using the Drunkard's Path templates I got from BettyCrockerass.  I marked the 'one' and 'two' lines on this quarter circle using the 'clock' printout above.  I used a pigma pen to make the lines, but they still were rubbing off, so I put transparent tape over them.  

What I really like about these templates are the holes used for marking.  When I trim, I also mark the center with a small pencil dot.





No comments:

Post a Comment