Wednesday, May 29, 2019

3 PROJECTS

I sewed together some of the pieces for my Pi quilt.  It's coming along - still a long way to go.


It didn't take long to sew together the pieces I had glue basted.  Next they need to be trimmed to size.


Afterwards, I worked on this other new project - something quick and easy (more or less).  I've switched out the fabrics for the 'sashing' parts a few times now.  I may just try something else - because it is not making those center squares, with the bird fabric that I just had to have and love, stand out.  This bright sashing is making them look dull.  Jeez.



I even managed to finish up my project repairing this one side of the outdoor fireplace.  I got this piece of quartzite custom cut and we set it on top of the old bricks that I had poorly re-mortared into place. 


It used to be a barbeque grill with a place for a woodfire below - see the neat old metal door?  I cleaned out the old ashes and things that were growing in there.  We have been thinking about what to put behind the door now - maybe a collection of bug statues?  or slugs?  maybe frogs?  We'll see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment