Thursday, June 20, 2019

PLAIDISH STARTED

Jeez, I'm off on another tangent.  I've got lots of homework to do for my Design Class, but instead of working on that, I'd rather start on a new project.  I'm easily distracted.

I saw this quilt on Instagram by KitchenTableQuilting and she was giving away the pattern and instructions, I was intriqued.  

I started cutting out the parts yesterday.  I'm using the fabric samples I picked up at the local saleswoman's annual sale. She sells them by the pound. I haven't had any ideas about what to do with them until now.  This project seems perfect.  We'll see.

The main idea is to divide the fabrics into lights, mediums and darks.  The instructions say you can use any fabrics, any colors, as long as you divid them into their values.

I made the dark valued blocks today.


Parts waiting to be sewn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment