Monday, October 07, 2019

SEWING CURVES

First thing this morning, I reset the 'check tire' warning light in my car, then drove about nine miles into Mt. Vernon to Starbucks for my morning coffee.  I also got some egg bites for breakfast - the continental breakfast at the hotel leaves much to be desired.

The tire light did not come back on, so I guess the tires are okay.

On the way back, I noticed this house and it struck me as very 'vertical'.  I took a picture, then went back to the hotel and sketched it before class started at 9am.



Patricia had some quilts hanging as examples.



The workshop with Patricia Belyea from OkanArts began with a tutorial on using freezer paper to sew curves.  We began by drawing curves onto paper to make a design, then transferred the design onto the freezer paper squares, cut at full size, in reverse ( a step a few of us forgot to do).

Here is my first 18" block:


No comments:

Post a Comment