Wednesday, August 11, 2021

HOMEWORK

 We had homework from Sarah Nishiura's Workshop - we were to take a simple block, change something about it and arrange it in different ways.

I started with a Churn Dash block.  I changed the two-patch to a four-patch.


I elongated the block and alternated it with it's mirror image:


I colored some of the squares in a rainbow circle.  I found it to be too confusing though.


I re-colored it with the colors being in a mirror image rotation.  This is better, but...


It was very time-consuming to make all of these drawings.  But I found it meditative and it gave me time to think about different options along the way.

I tried to do the same thing in Prequilt, but it wasn't possible.  I didn't see a way to make different sized rows.


No comments:

Post a Comment