Wednesday, December 15, 2021

REMODELING

 The basement has been in a state of disrepair since the girls moved out, a year ago October - a long time.  We need to redo the bathroom shower and paint and fix a few things in the bedroom.  We'd like to have a spare bedroom where guests can stay.

Yesterday, I took my Bernina 770 sewing machine in for a service and tune-up in Renton's Sewing Machine Service.  Since I purchased my new (yet undelivered) longarm from them, they are letting me bring it in and drop it off on the day they'll be servicing it.  Last time I talked to them about servicing they told me they'd need it for two weeks!  I can't live without my machine for two weeks!  This is so nice.

On the way home, after dropping it off, I thought I'd start painting the downstairs bedroom.  I stopped at Rodda and got paint and when home started in on the ceiling.  Oh my, there's a lot of ceiling and woodwork.  I painted beyond the point where my arms and neck were aching.

So, today, I procrastinated as long as I could, but finally went down to paint.  I couldn't bring myself to work on the ceiling again, so I started on the walls.  Everything is going to need at last two coats.  Oh, my aching neck.

covering up the old yellow with a light taupe

Afterwards, they called me and I went to Renton to pick up my machine.  I'll need to spend a few hours a day on this painting until I get it done - even the floor needs painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment