Saturday, September 17, 2022

FIELD OF JEANS WORKSHOP

 I took Sherri Lynn Wood's two-day workshop, Field of Jeans over the weekend.  I hesitated at first, because I didn't want to make a denim quilt, but I finally signed up because I could do the workshop without denim, using just regular quilting cottons.  

She had a guest speaker, Robin Green.  She had some great ideas and showed us her wonderful quilts.





One of the things she said I had to write down.  She said, "Think of your inner voice as a guide instead of a critic".  

I wanted to use some of my hand-dyed fabrics I've collected in this project.  I started with a big piece made by Laura Wasilowski and added in a few made by Judy Robertson.

Here's where I ended up at the end of the first day of the workshop and the After Sew.  Figuring out how to sew it together is challenging.  

I'm not happy with it.  Something needs to change.



No comments:

Post a Comment