Sunday, March 22, 2009

BOILER WORKS PAINTING

Here's the painting I've been working on.
It's a building at 6th & Lander, this is what it used to look like before they 'remodeled' it. It lacks charactor now, unfortunately.
The above image is my initial laying down and blocking in. After I got it done, I began to wonder what I found interesting....I hate it when that happens! I began to despise the horizontal bands on the buildings. I began to question the composition. The only thing I like was the sky.
I took the painting to my friend, and instructor, Julia Hensley. She liked it and urged me to continue. She says all the verticals from the utility poles offset the horizontal bands and to forge ahead.
After talking with her I found I was interested again. In the painting below, it shows what I've accomplished so far. I'm not done. I need to do more work on the biker and the big foreshadow, and I still haven't figured out what's going on on the left side around the corner. This is acrylic on a 20"x30" canvas.
I'd love to hear your comments.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment