Saturday, April 18, 2009

ALMOST FINISHED WITH AIR!

Okay, I spent Saturday morning putting the final layer, the so-called keyblock, on - the black ink. I was surprised how well everything lined up! Like I said in the last post, I had adjusted the alignment of the third layer, the orange, and I was worried about how the last would go. It's the most important, since it outlines everything.
I still have to weed out the bad ones, tear them down to size, sign and number them. Then I've got to make up a colophon (description, statement, facts, info and name) and stuff the whole works into plastic bags - which I don't have! Yikes!
I ordered some more, so now they are going to be even later than I thought, while I wait for the bags to be delivered. I must send an email to Four Oceans Press and explain.
I'll reiterate my theme.
In this series of the Elements, Earth, Water, Air and Fire, I wanted to show how we come into contact with them in our modern society. Imagining someone who lives in a highrise in the city - when they want air, they turn a knob and adjust to whatever temperature they prefer.
Here's my latest Classic Element - Air.

And here's the first two I did - Water


and here's the first, Earth -

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how often it is that only the last block makes the print come together. This is a nice series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...it's not a 'pretty' series, but it has a statement to make, I guess.

    ReplyDelete