Wednesday, May 27, 2009


After I loaded up the image of my self-portrait, "Boxed Self" I saw some things I didn't like. So, I've spent the last few days re-working it. I took out the black outline off the boxes, and changed a few other things, one of which was lightening up the shadow over the eye and doing away with so much yellow. Which is funny, because the very first addition, which I don't have a picture of, has the eye box mostly all yellow. I thought that worked very well. But, I kept fussing with it until the yellow left didn't look quite right. It needed to either add more yellow or totally eliminate the yellow...and of course, I went for the more realistic look.

I like it alot better, now. It's still acrylic on canvas 8"x10"

Here are the two, side by side:

No comments:

Post a Comment