Monday, March 01, 2010

YEAR OF THE TIGER STARTED

I flipped over the plank of Poplar I used on the last print I carved and started afresh on the back of it.  There is room for all three of the blocks I need for this print.
I had tried to transfer the drawings before using photocopies.  It didn't work, the image didn't transfer.
This time I used print outs from my HP copier at home and it transferred just as it's supposed to.  Yeah!



I used diluted rice paste to glue the papers face down to the plank.  When it was good and dry, several days later, in fact, I moistened the paper and it just rolled right off leaving behind a beautiful reversed image.  Yeah!


 It left a very crisp and usable image.  Now I just have to start carving.

Hmmm...I can't remember if I sharpened my tools after I used them last time.  I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment