I flipped over the plank of Poplar I used on the last print I carved and started afresh on the back of it. There is room for all three of the blocks I need for this print.
I had tried to transfer the drawings before using photocopies. It didn't work, the image didn't transfer.
This time I used print outs from my HP copier at home and it transferred just as it's supposed to. Yeah!
I used diluted rice paste to glue the papers face down to the plank. When it was good and dry, several days later, in fact, I moistened the paper and it just rolled right off leaving behind a beautiful reversed image. Yeah!
It left a very crisp and usable image. Now I just have to start carving.
Hmmm...I can't remember if I sharpened my tools after I used them last time. I sure hope so!