Thursday, May 27, 2010

BUZZSAW QUILT FROM LONG AGO

I opened a project box.  These are hand-pieced twenty point star blocks that I'm calling Buzzsaw.  I can't remember their real name.  Anyway, I pieced these years ago, probably ten years ago or more and put them away for some reason.  I can't remember if I had a plan on how to finish them or not.  The box contains fabrics, templates, but no plan.
Maybe one of the reasons I put it away was because I ran out of one of the fabrics and I had no plan.

I put the blocks up on the wall.   I was surprised at the placement.  If I was making them today, I would have made five full blocks.  That would have made it rectangular.  But here it is - square.

I stared at it for a while and decided it needs sashing - or something...

I started auditioning some different sashings:
I went for a walk and when I got back I started cutting fabric and piecing sashings.

And here is what I have so far:

Now I'm thinking about what to put in the cornerstones.  I was thinking about some kind of whirling star block that goes the other direction.  Whirrr,  whirrr....

Maybe I'll add something to the ends to make it rectangular, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment