Friday, July 23, 2010

SNITZEL WON AWARD AT RENTON RIVER DAYS



I usually try to put something into the Renton Annual Art Show.  This year I had two distinctly different entries because along with my usual industrial type painting I entered one of my Snitzels.  

I was pleasantly surprised to find an invitation in this Tuesday's mail, with complimentary tickets, to attend the Preview Party on Thursday night because I had won a prize.   It didn't say what prize or which piece had won the award.


Last night I was delighted to see that the Snitzel was the one that garnered the attention.  It is so much different than what I usually do.  And different from much of the other art in the show.  This piece is a fabric collage, more or less.  This is one that I have been posting about it's progress on this blog.

It won the Lucille Culliton Award of $100.  Cool.

We have fun at the Art Preview.  They serve free catered food and wine.  I head straight for the wine!  Then we look at the art until they serve the dessert.  This year it was Tiramisu. 
I have only one complaint (if anyone is listening) - I wish it started earlier in the evening.  What's with waiting until 8pm to even begin?  Maybe we could start at 7pm?  That would be nice.  Thank you very much.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool, Terry! Congratulations! You need to to tell Jean and the rest of the class about it.

    ReplyDelete