Sunday, July 25, 2010

RELAXING DAY IN THE STUDIO

After our big Family Get-together at our house yesterday, we deserved a relaxing day of play.  After a very nice walk in the park with Lucy-dog, I went up to the studio and played around.

Over a month ago, I picked the interesting top from a weed-plant that I saw while walking in the park.  I put it on the dash of the car and its been there ever since, where I could see it and think about it.  I find it's shape very interesting and have been thinking about rendering it in a painting or fabric.

Today I got it out of the car and brought it up to the studio and started drawing and painting.

One of the things that's fun about acrylics is that they dry very quickly so you can make changes and alterations very soon.  Here's the drawing after I started putting acrylic paint on it, in the different stages as it progressed:









Now I'm thinking about how to do it in fabric...hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment