Wednesday, February 23, 2011

PIECES BANNER



I had a Quilt Shop in Renton, on Burnett Street.

I opened it in 1996 and sold it in 2000 and it moved to the Fred Meyer Center.

It closed this week.

I received the banner I had made back in 1996 in the mail today.  It was a pleasant, yet sad, surprise.  This banner was used in our booth when we would take the store to events, such as quilt shows.  It has seen it all and holds the memories of the store.  It represents my dream, the hard work  of a lot of people, many of them my family, and the good times and bad times.

Thank you to all who helped make the dreams come true and thank you to all who patronized the store over the years.


This banner is an odd shape, it's about 3' high and 7' long.  Not useful as a quilt or a wallhanging, and it's not great art.  But, I love it and want to keep it.  I want to turn it into a bone fide quilt, something I can use and maybe when I'm gone, something that someone else can appreciate and want to keep.


I told my sister Sue I was going to take it apart and slash it up and add to it and turn it into a quilt and she was sort of upset!  She thinks I should keep it just as is.  I told my sister Julie my plan, she didn't sound too upset, so I asked her what she thought.  She said, it was my quilt store, my dream, my banner and I should do what I wanted with it.  


I'm going to think about it for a while.


What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment