Monday, June 13, 2011

POSTER FOR WHITE CENTER


Recently I was commissioned to paint an image for the White Center Community Development Association's (WC CDA) promotional poster.
I worked with Kathi Wheeler of Noise Without Sound, who is helping the CDA develop a logo and who designed the poster.
It relates back to the Basket Sculpture at the center of White Center.  The idea being of weaving a diverse population into a "global village".   Hence, the multi-colored reeds in the basket in my painting.
At a recent CDA Meeting the poster was revealed and all of the members attending received a free poster, to hang in their stores or whatever.  They asked me to stay a while after the meeting and sign the poster.
I had talked Darrell into making a frame for the painting and presented the framed original to the CDA at the meeting.

There was a reporter there from the West Seattle Herald, he took pictures and wrote an article.  You can see that here.   Once you open it, you need to click on the picture to see the slide show.



Here's a bad picture of the poster.  I need to get it framed.

No comments:

Post a Comment