Tuesday, November 08, 2011

QUILT FOR AUCTION

The employees where I work are having a Silent Auction of donated items to benefit NW Harvest.  I rummaged through a box of quilts and came up with this for the cause.  

It's a quilt I made in 1998 from a mystery quilt pattern.  That's where you receive instructions on what to cut, what to sew together, piece by piece, not knowing what the final pattern will be until you are finished.

I really loved this batik fabric covered with zebras, the colorway is called Chili Pepper.  I named the quilt "Chili Pepper Surprise.   It is about 56-1/2" by 84".  Nice for a lap quilt or to throw over a twin bed.


Chili Pepper Surprise detail

Update:  It sold for $125. I'm glad to see it being put to good use, and benefiting NW Harvest, rather than gathering moths in a box somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment