Thursday, January 24, 2013

A QUILT FOR A GRAND NEPHEW

My sister's son and his wife are expecting.  I got the invitation to a baby shower early last week and of course decided I wanted to make him a quilt (it's a boy).  I went to the fabric store looking for 'Mario' fabric (that is her theme) to no avail.  I picked up this great little collection though.  What the heck, it's not even close, but I love it!  Hope he (they) do too.


The finished quilt, 32.5" by 40.5"
A close-up

Wrapped up and ready for the shower


Welcome

[of course, I have lots of left over fabric.  I was thinking of making a bag.  It would make a great bag.  But, I'll have to put it on my list, and it's definitely not at the top at this point.]

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:22 AM

    Hi Terry. I love the colors, it reminds me of something cool and refreshing. It also gives me a feeling of nostalgia. I am sure they will cherish it. ♥

    ReplyDelete