Friday, August 25, 2017

BUNNY EARS

I worked all afternoon on the next block in the Fancy Forest - the Bunny.

There are a lot of parts to these guys.

I got them more than half done.

What's slowing me down is that I'm sewing together the leftover triangles that are cut off.  I'm conflicted about this new way to make half-square triangle blocks.  Used to be that you cut triangles and sewed them on - not anymore.  Now they cut squares then sew them on with a diagonal line and cut off the excess - lots of waste.  Which is good and bad, depending on which side you are on.  As a previous quilt store owner - it's a great way to sell more fabric.  But, as a frugal quilter, who can't throw anything out, it seems such a waste - unless I utilize all those leftover parts.

I'm putting all of the leftover parts into a bin.  I'm actually thinking I'll make something from all of it...or put it all together for the back.


 P.S.  There were some cut-off triangles that are too small to sew together - I'll toss them - I haven't yet.  But I'm sure I will...sometime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment