Tuesday, November 27, 2018

OPENED THE BOXES

 After all the rain yesterday, this morning was bright and clear.  


The tide was higher than I have every seen it, right up to the bulkheads.  Jax completely lost his mind and began barking at the waves.  He went out onto the logs floating in the water and had a great time.  Jelly and I watched with amusement.











 After the walk I went up to my studio and cleaned my old Bernina 1230, gathered up all of it's accessories, boxed everything all up and put it all away.  Then I unboxed my new Bernina B770QE Anniversary Edition. It came with a bundle of goodies including a trolley (not shown), an accessories bag and a soft cover, all in black with gold trim.  It also came with a tin full of gold scissors of all sizes and a gold rotary cutter and a gold plated ruler foot and a gold plated number 1 foot.

It doesn't fit into my sewing table, but I added some pieces of wood under it to bring it up high enough that I can use the table that came with it.  Hopefully, someday Darrell can fix the table so that it will sit down inside it.  


It came with some crappy white polyester thread on the bobbin.  Instead of unwinding it all, I ran down to McLendon's Hardware and bought some cotton clothesline and made this basket, using up the bad thread.  It took longer than I thought, but I love it.  I might make some more.  I was thinking I could even dye the cotton rope.  


Then I changed the foot to the Patchwork foot and sewed together the blocks of  my Halloween table runner to see how it would all work.  There is definitely a learning curve to get the quarter inch seam allowance right.  But, I must say, this machine is very intuitive and easy to understand - except for all of the inner computer settings - that will take some studying up on.  It came with some free classes - I'll have to look into that.


1 comment:

  1. Hi - love your dog, how brave he is!! How can you not get into QuiltCon?!!
    And congrats on that beautiful new Bernina!!

    ReplyDelete