Monday, November 16, 2020

SCREECHED TO A STOP

 I thought I could finish the quilting on the Covid quilt today - and I could have - if I hadn't run out of thread!

I had loaded up three more bobbins, because I went through three bobbins on the first half.  So, I was down to the last few rows when :screeeeech: I ran out of thread on the top.  


As I was pulling out some of the stitches so I could knot them off and bury them I was thinking about how to proceed.  I figured I'd call the store where I'd bought this thread a long time ago and see if they had another spool.  That would mean I'd have to drive to Southcenter to buy it.  I don't like driving and I don't like taking time out of the day to go get something like that - it seems like such a waste.  And, I'd have another giant spool of thread I'll not be likely to use again.

Then!  it occurred to me that I could use the thread in the bobbin and use a similar thread that I had on the backing.  So, tomorrow, that's what I'll do!  Today I'm going to zoom and watch a Patricia and Joe chat and then a Brave Patch sew-in.


No comments:

Post a Comment