Saturday, January 15, 2022

ANOTHER FLOATING SQUARES

 I took another Floating Squares Workshop with Sherri Lynn Wood today.  One of the deciding factors to re-take this class was the fact that she had Mary Margaret Pettway from Gee's Bend as a speaker.  It was very interesting to see and hear her talk about her quilts.  That was worth the price of admission.


So, after she spoke, Sherri Lynn had us start on our projects.  

Here is mine, so far.  It needs a lot more work.  


I wasn't happy with how it looked.  The dark squares are too much the same size. And the fabrics were all too similar in value.  So after talking with Sherri Lynn about it, I moved them around, sort of ganging them together.  And I added a much lighter in value fourth fabric.  Here is one of the iterations.  I will probably be adding more colors eventually.  In the meantime, I'm going back to working on the Big Flower.





No comments:

Post a Comment