Monday, February 28, 2022

ONE DAY FINISH

 Wow, I set out this morning wanting to finish the edge-to-edge quilting on the Follow the Sun top.  I had loaded the backing up last night and got the batting ready.  So, first thing I cleaned and oiled Erik and got to work.

I choose a quilting pattern called Siena Sunflower.  I liked it because it was a 'flower' design that will look really great on the 'plain' backing.  So, I had to learn how to upload it into Q-Matic, which turned out to be very easy and user friendly.

It turns out that the pattern had a few 'jumps' in each section, so I had to stay near and keep hitting the buttons to move it forward.  That was very annoying because they were completely unnecessary (I found out later that I had uploaded the wrong file extension).

But, I got it done in one day.  I even attended a BravePatch Monday get-together, although I had to keep getting up to attend to the quilting.


I set it up incorrectly at first and had to remove some stitching.  But I eventually got it going right.


At one point the machine went insane and made a huge bird's nest on the back - I don't know why.  So, more picking out.




And, we're done!




No comments:

Post a Comment