Wednesday, July 13, 2022

SECOND DAY OF WORKSHOP

 It's the second day of the Dancing With the Wall Workshop with Irene Roderick in Coupeville.  I got up early and thought I'd go back up to the Ebey Landing Lookout and walk the loop trail up there.  But, it was too windy and cold.  So, I headed back into Coupeville, where it wasn't windy and walked around there for a bit before class.

It was a beautiful morning!


The wharf in Coupeville.

I walked up the trail next to the wharf.  This is looking back down to the wharf.

Looking back down to the main street in Coupeville.

The workshop starts at 9am.  We started right in working on our projects again.  Irene came by one time and we got to talking about shapes and particularly shapes in the negative space of things.  I noticed the ironing boards legs and the shapes they created.  Life is interesting.


Here is how my project looked at the end of the day.  I made a lot more progress today.  


I'm using mostly Kona fabrics, Espresso, Snow, Medium Pink and Oyster, along with a Kaffe shot cotton in the orangy-pink.  I also threw in that Raspberry fabric that I've had for years (probaby 30 years).  It's dull, but somehow it works.  Late in the day, I added the Yarrow, a golden yellow.  It works very well with the Espresso.


No comments:

Post a Comment