Friday, October 28, 2022

HARD LESSON LEARNED

 I finally got back to having the Q24 and Q-Matic working on Torrent's quilting.  I set it up to quilt the edge-to-edge pantograph, got it started, watched for a little bit then started doing something else.

That was a mistake.

I thought the machine would be fine on it's own, but I was wrong.  Next thing I knew, it was all tangled up in the batting and was ripping and pulling and trying to continue quilting.  I ran over there and stopped it - too late!

I got out the scissors and seam ripper and got it all untangled.  The quilt top has one small tear near the edge - it will probably be fixable.

But, the machine is making funny noises - a scrapping and a clunking.  Although, it still sews a nice stitch, I don't think I should be running it.  I called my repair man - he says he won't be able to come out for a while.  So, It'll be down for a week at least.

I'm so embarrassed.  I knew better than to leave it alone while it was near the edge.  Some lessons are hard to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment