Saturday, October 22, 2022

IT'S DONE FINALLY

 I got the quilt top all put together and done today.  This is the one I started in Sherri's Rhythmic Grid workshop and have been working on for the last several weeks.


I haven't named it until today.  I thought I'd name it 'Devolve', but I thought I better look up the definition to be sure.

devolve

[ dih-volv ]

Definition of devolve

verb (used with object), de·volved, de·volv·ing.
to transfer or delegate (a duty, responsibility, etc.) to or upon another; pass on.
Obsoleteto cause to roll downward.
verb (used without object), de·volved, de·volv·ing.
to be transferred or passed on from one to another:The responsibility devolved on me.
Archaicto roll or flow downward.

Well, I found out, it doesn't mean what I thought it meant.  I thought it meant 'to disintegrate' 'to deteriorate'  'to devolve into chaos'
It's name is still going to be DEVOLVE.  
So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment