Saturday, December 17, 2022

A NEW SOURCE

 I needed some shirts for the upcoming workshop in January.  I thought about visiting the local Goodwill in Burien, but it's lacking in anything good.  I've never found what I was looking for in there.  So, I was thinking I'd go to the big Goodwill in Seattle.  This morning I looked up the hours for that store and discovered that there's a Goodwill Outlet in Sodo.  There you can buy stuff by the pound.  It's stuff that hasn't been sorted and is in big bins that you have to sort through. And they opened at 8am everyday!

So, this morning after our walk I headed down there.  I figured there'd be few people there that early, but I was wrong.  There were quite a few people, sorting, arguing and filling their shopping carts.



I should have brought gloves.  There was every kind of clothing you could imagine, and some you don't want to think about.  Luckily, I was wearing a good mask and the smells were not overwhelming.  I went through quite a few bins and was amazed at the great finds.  However, it is getting harder to find 100% cotton.  Almost everything has spandex in it also. I came away with about 35 lbs of mostly pants and a few shirts.  I took it all home and washed it right away - mostly go get out those horrible smelly VOCs from scented laundry detergents and dryer sheets.  Gag, I don't know why people think that's okay.  That's another of my pet peeves!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:46 AM

    I‘be been to one in Cincinnati and another in Chattanooga. They are a lot to go through. Sort of a trial by fire. My friend found a wedding dress she offered to a teenage girl. Wedding dresses by the pound!

    ReplyDelete