Saturday, December 24, 2022

LORETTO PROJECT

 I saw a picture of a quilt that I really liked and wanted to make.  Of course, it's block based.  I really need a stress-less project right now.  This one isn't totally mindless, but its a lot easier than what I have been doing.

I had to draft the pattern, make a cut list and figure out the colors. I'm using Moda Bella 'Spice', 'Prune', 'Boysenberry' and Kona 'Ochre' and 'Peapod'.   I made two test blocks and discovered a math error (oh my!).  Luckily I hadn't cut out all of the parts yet.

So, today I cut up the fabrics and put the first little parts together.  There will be 30 blocks. 

Here we go!  (it always takes longer than I think it will, too)


I thought a bit about the name.  I thought the colors reminded me of Sante Fe, New Mexico.  But, I didn't want to name it Sante Fe, that would be too limiting.  But, I thought, maybe a name that comes from that area, but doesn't sound like that area.  I looked at the map and the only thing I really like was Loretto, from the Loretto Chapel.  We visited there last time we were in Sante Fe.  Amazing place.  

So, Loretto it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment