Monday, February 16, 2009

VALENTINE'S DAY

I went up to the studio today with every intention of working on my Year of the Ox etching, but I just had to sit down and paint this beautiful bouquet of flowers from Darrell.
I must admit I brow-beat him into sending it to me at work this year. I've always hinted I'd rather have flowers sent to work, then get them at home. If I'm working, I'm there for almost the whole day. This year was no exception. I'd enjoy them more at work where I was going to be spending my whole weekend.
When I mentioned it to him this year, he says, "I don't know the address"....Wham, he got it sent to him in a great big-fonted email. No excuse now.
Anyway, I painted this with a big brush, really fast and loose.
I like it, and now I'll have the flowers forever!
This is 12" by 9", acrylic on canvas.
Thank you Darrell.
He's so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment