Friday, February 20, 2009

6th & ROYAL BROUGHAM



I started a new painting today. It's of a building in the Sodo area, I couldn't remember exactly where, but I kinda remember the general area. Anyway, I needed more info about what the power poles in the area were doing. So, after I laid down the foundations of the painting, Lucy and I decided to go looking for the building to take another picture of it.

We took the bus into town and then started walking south. On the way, we passed this public art I've never seen before.

It's a 20 foot tall cyclone fence. The artist has installed thousands of little white plastic circles in the holes of the fence to create pictures. They are like the pixels in the picture. Very cool. What a great way to de-uglify and add interest to a plain ole' cyclone fence.

Can you see the face?

No comments:

Post a Comment