Thursday, February 05, 2009

CHOP MARK

Darrell and I went to the Pike Place Market for breakfast and on the way in I saw this nice Chinese gentleman selling custom made chop marks. He's probably always been there - but this was the first time I noticed him. Probably because I now have a dire need for a chop, and I keep putting off making my own! I will be sending out my Year of the Ox postcards soon. He asked me to write my name, I wrote out my whole name (as above) he paled! I said how about just the last name - he asked how to pronounce it, then I guess he made the symbols that phonetically sound out Peart. Pe-art. Cool. Darrell likes it, t00, he says we can both use it.
It came in a nice little silk box and I also got some of the red ink. He carved it from a square of marble that had a Monkey sitting on top, since I was born in the Year of the Monkey.
PS - I don't remember which way is up! If anyone can read it, could you please let me know? Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment