Friday, July 24, 2009

RENTON RIVER DAYS AWARD

I was pleasantly surprised earlier this week when my husband brought the mail in and there was a letter from the Renton Art Show Committee stating that one of the paintings I entered into the show had won a prize, and enclosed were complimentary tickets to the preview party.

Last night was the reception preview party. Even though they don't start it until the ungodly hour of 8pm, we went and had a good time. There is a real nice spread of hors d'hoeuvres, wine and dessert. Which is where we both headed first! Me to the wine and Darrell to the food line.

It was a very nice show with some very impressive pieces. I saw some people I haven't seen for a year and we had a nice time.

I'm always impressed with the quality of the young students that show their work. It makes me wish that I had started out so young and winning awards. It might have inspired me to head in a different direction in my life and become a professional artist.

This is the painting that won the Jurors award of $200 "Little 17th & Roxbury". It's acrylic on canvas, 12" x 9". This has been on of my favorite paintings since I painted it. When I put it into the show I was reluctant to have it purchased so I placed a very high price on it. I liked it so much I did another version that is 20" x 30". That's why this one is called 'little'.

Maybe I should enter the larger one into a contest, also.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, this is very exciting. Congratulations! The painting looks great. Those jurors made an excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Barbara and Julia. I value your opinions...and Julia helped me work out a few of the problems with the painting before I could call it 'done'. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great painting--your award was well-deserved, Terry. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete