Friday, August 07, 2009

LINEAR PARK & OTHER

Here's the painting I've been working on this week. I changed it quite a few times, in fact, now that I've looked at it here I see something that I must fix! One of the things was the sky, I wanted a little more drama than I had originally planned.
I remember the day I took the reference photo for this. It was several years ago when we lived in Renton. I was coming home on a beautiful autumn day when I noticed all the vivid orange maple leaves that were covering the park, Linear Park, and the street that runs parallel with to it. The leaves were probably six inches deep in the street. The sun was shining, the wind was blowing. It was spectacular! And I didn't have my camera.
We lived just a few blocks away so I hurried home and found my camera and headed back. I couldn't believe my eyes, the street sweepers were there cleaning the leaves from the street. What poor luck. I hurriedly took some photos, but the light had changed and the leaves were gone. But, the image has remained with me for quite a while. I love autumn.
I painted the image that was the gloomier, more emotional image. Someday, I'll do the one that's only in my head, with the brighter colors and the bright sun.
This is Linear Park, acrylic on panel, 12.5" by 20".

This next image is just at the first stage, I've got a lot of work to go on it. But, I was tempted to leave it as is, but as I looked at it, after a while, I noticed some things that need fixing.
This is Leslie, acrylic on canvas 11" by 14".



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:07 PM

    I love it! And now it is in my livingroom. Thanks so much Terry - I will cherish it always. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like 'Linear Park' Julie. There's always a risk when giving someone art. Everyone's tastes are different. But, remember, when you get tired of that one, I can always make you something different.

    ReplyDelete