My husband Darrell and I spent the weekend working on the cabinets for the south wall of my upstairs studio.
I first had to go through and move everything out of the way. I put all the junk from that end at the other end. I packed up my painting stuff and moved it. The studio is a mess! I can't believe all the 'junk' I have.
I need to re-think where I keep everything and what configuration would work best.
I've been using the above white set of flat files, they were on the other side of the room. But I found that a lot of the paper I buy wouldn't fit in it, so I recently purchased a larger flat file. I wanted them built into the cabinets. So, I took them apart and cleaned them and sanded them and primed the outside front. That's them, in dark red, now set in place in the cabinets. Eventually they will be the same color as the cabinets, a muddy clay brown color. In the blank spots above and below the built-in flat files will be drawers. As you can see we stopped before the doors, drawers or top were made. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before Darrell can get to them. In the meantime, I can be painting what is there. I also plan to strip down the white flat files and paint them the same brown color.
Over to the right is Lucy-dog in her little bed. [She's all tuckered out from all the hard work this weekend.]
And lastly I'd like to say that I am so fortunate to have such a generous and talented husband [who just happens to have a woodshop below my studio!] Thank you Darrell.