Monday, February 15, 2010

SNITZELS - MORE FUN WITH COLOR

I've made progress on my Snitzel work this week.

I did some more colored-pencil work this past weekend on two of the other drawings.

I also finished up the Boots drawing in fabric.  It's funny, I spend all this time with the little color drawings as above, and I don't have the fabrics to make it in.  I need a trip to the fabric store.

Going with the fabrics closest to the color drawings (although, most all of my fabrics have 'patterns') I used Freezer Paper, cut out the shapes, and ironed the seam allowance around to the backside of the freezer paper, where it would stick it.  The original plan was to hand sew the pieces together.  Its been a long time since I did any applique, so I was a little rusty.  
Today, I took the remaining pieces to the sewing machine and zigzagged them together.  

Having fun.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Love, love, love your batiks! Just gorgeous, and like your paintings also. You are so lucky, doing that class with Jean. I am going to post a blog about her book in a few days, would it be OK to link to your blog as an exmaple of someone who is doing some of the exercises? Are you doing the class in Washington? Jean was talking some while ago of trying her Snitzels class online, but it sounds like you are live and in class, so wasn't sure were that was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marielenromer,
    Sure, its okay to post a link to me. I'm taking the class from Jean in Issaquah, Washington through ArtEast at UpFront Gallery. We meet about once a month. It's a great bunch of gals, very talented.
    I would love to see her classes online, with everyone posting their projects and people making comments. The more the merrier, and the more you learn.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:53 AM

    Hi Terry,
    Thanks - look out for a post in the next few days. When Jean & I talked about this, 2-3 years ago now I guess, she was in teh middle of moving to Nebraska and I think the technology of making things work wasn't as accessible as it is today. It would be interesting to explore it again. Her Snitzels always seems to pull together a great varity of people, and then the creativty comes out and it gets even more fun.

    ReplyDelete