Saturday, February 20, 2010

EXPERIMENTING WITH LINE

I thinned down some black acrylic paint and had some fun making 'lines'.


Looking around the studio, I thought there was not much to choose from, but looking at the results, I think the experiment was very successful.  I made a variety of lines using just whatever was available.


I highly recommend you try this yourself!

Cellulose Sponge

My morning Starbucks drink straw.

I took a little strip of fabric and rolled it up and dobbed it in the paint, that's on the left.  In the middle, is the same fabric roll after I frayed it with an Exacto knife.  On the right, a cap off my acrylic paint tube.

A Hammer, the harder I hit the more interesting the mark.

A strip of Linoleum with a Jute backing.

Paint Brush.


A Phillips Screw Driver, the Drink Straw with a cut-tip, and a piece of String.



A Putty Knife.


A Screw (I like the little circles).



A Pointed Stick, Small Pallet Knife, Rubber Tip for Pastels.



A Rubber Finger-tip, a Fork.



A Stem on the left, and a Leaf.




My Valentine's Day Rose....



and then I cut the tip of the rose off, and dipped it in the paint and rubbed it on the paper.  You can kind of see the red on the paper.  Then I used it as a stamp.  

So much fun to be had with just the stuff on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment