Thursday, June 24, 2010


Here's another UFO I pulled out.  This is a Drunkard's Path pattern made from some Rose & Hubble fabrics with a beer motif.  The dark blue background fabric had beer bottles all lined up, so does the off white, tan and light blue fabric.  The red fabric has a woodgrain pattern on it, supposedly the 'pub'.  There is also a tan fabric that has beer foam (suds).  The blocks were made using an easy-to-do method I picked up from someone at the quilt shop.  You cut out a bunch of circles from freezer paper, which has plastic on one side so when you iron the fabric to it it will stick temporarily.  You cut circles of fabric a little larger and iron the seam allowance around to the back, then zigzag the circles to a background square.  When finished you cut the unit into four squares and end up with the Drunkard's Path unit.  There are all kinds of ways to arrange the different units.  It's a fun little block to play with.
I had the top made up and a few extra units.  I pulled a solid blue out of my stash and used that for the border, putting on a small border of the red first.   The corner stones were extra units.

There is still a big pile of the suds fabric which I'll use on the back and enough of the red woodgrain to make binding with.
This quilt should go to someone who loves beer.  I finally figured out who to give it to, so now I"m anxious to get it finished.  

No comments:

Post a Comment