First thing this morning I cleaned the floor in the studio so I could pin baste the 'Mystery Quilt'. It's bad enough having to mop in the house, you shouldn't have to mop your studio floor....geez.
But I must say it's very nice to have room enough to lay out a big quilt - although this one is not big - on the floor and get it basted.
Afterwards I definitely felt the need for a nice walk so Lucy and I headed out.
After lunch I went back to the studio and worked on my Steel Plant painting.
Here's what it looked like before I started:
And here's what it looks like now:
You might notice I used a lot of red in the underpainting, but today I used a very limited palette of just Indigo Blue, Quinacridone Gold and a little Cadmium Yellow Medium and lots of white. I like it. I will let it rest for a week and then look at it again.