Friday, June 25, 2010

TRYING TO GET IT ALL DONE BEFORE WEEK'S END

First thing this morning I cleaned the floor in the studio so I could pin baste the 'Mystery Quilt'.  It's bad enough having to mop in the house, you shouldn't have to mop your studio floor....geez.
But I must say it's very nice to have room enough to lay out a big quilt - although this one is not big - on the floor and get it basted.

Afterwards I definitely felt the need for a nice walk so  Lucy and I headed out.



After lunch I went back to the studio and worked on my Steel Plant painting.

Here's what it looked like before I started:

And here's what it looks like now:

You might notice I used a lot of red in the underpainting, but today I used a very limited palette of just Indigo Blue, Quinacridone Gold and a little Cadmium Yellow Medium and lots of white.   I like it.  I will let it rest for a week and then look at it again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Terry,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I thought I'd pay you a visit too. :)

    Your work is beautiful and your patchworks are very nice. Congratulations!!

    Angelo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Angelo - thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete