Friday, May 05, 2017

GETTING CAUGHT UP


I finally got around to making this week's Solstice Challenge block, "Hugs and Kisses".
The directions called for doing it in such a way that there would be a lot of fabric waste.  I'm getting down to small bits of fabric left and I'm getting concerned about having enough.  I decided to make the block, but in a way that wouldn't use as much fabric.
I first had to draw out the block on paper so I could figure out what size pieces I needed.
This is how the directions wanted it made.

Here is the little drawing I made, with actual sizes so I'd know what size to cut the pieces.
I sewed the triangles to the sides of the rectangle.



Then I squared them down to the right size.

The finished block - Hugs and Kisses.

 Then I moved on to the Children's Library Block of the Month.
This is May's - "Green Eggs and Ham".




No comments:

Post a Comment