Friday, February 23, 2018

GREAT DAY

It's so nice to be down here in Pasadena!  We left winter at home and came to 65 degree weather.  It's wonderful.  The wind can be a little cold, but I am not complaining.  I can actually look up and see the sun.  I love it.

We made the rounds, checking out the Blacker House and the neighborhood.  Then we went into the Huntington when it opened.

We spent the afternoon, saw almost everything, had lunch next to the lake in Suzhou, China, the Garden of Flowering Fragrance (which features a 1.5-acre lake, a complex of pavilions, a teahouse and tea shop, stone bridges and waterfalls set against a wooded backdrop of mature oaks and pines).

We walked the perimeter, visiting most of the other gardens, seeing things we've never seen before.  Amazing.



He spent a lot of time checking out and documenting the Greene & Greene portion of the museum.  

Amazing G&G inlay.

While he was doing that I found the most amazing quilt - someone should make a book about this one.

Next to the lake, where we had lunch

I think my lips got sunburnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment