Wednesday, July 04, 2018

4th OF JULY

Today is the 4th of July, one of the days I just dread.  Jax hates loud booms, he barks and gets scared.  He wants to get right next to me, inside of me. 

The booming has been going on for a few days, but not much of it.  It's ramped up.  It was bad last night.  We got Jax a little stoned last night and he slept through a lot of it.  It was nice.

But today, the booming has started early.  I gave him a dose after lunch, but it only works when he decides to go to sleep.  It helps him stay asleep instead of waking up at every boom.

I took the dogs up into my studio after lunch, closed the windows and turned up the music.  He managed to settle in and sleep for most of the time.  I started a new project...












I gave him another dose after dinner.  It took him a while to go to sleep. He doesn't usually relax until after we've all settled in for the night.  But the booming has been increasing, until it's almost constant at 6:00pm.  He is asleep right now and not barking.  I hope he can stay asleep after it gets dark and the noise becomes incessant.  Poor guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment