Sunday, July 08, 2018

RED CIRCLES

I've been calling them red, but now that I'm working with the fabric, it isn't really red.  It's more of a tomato color - orangish red.  Whatever it is, I made the circles that will be appliqued into the center of each wedge circle.

I cut out the proper sized circle from heat-resistant template plastic, traced it onto the back of the tomato fabric and cut out nine circles with a generous seam allowance.

I then hand stitch a basting stitch around the outside, keeping the stitches as close together as possible [it makes the circle smoother].  With the template plastic on the inside, I drew the basting thread tight causing the seam allowance to fold over onto the back.  Then iron it, and remove the plastic circle.

Easy-peasy.






After lunch at Coastline Burgers in the Junction I made a few more blocks of the Putty and Mortar quilt and cut out the rest of the pieces.  [Sorry, I didn't take pictures].

Then I made a few more City Sampler Blocks - 46 and 47.  The Challenge has begun on Instagram, today was Day 2.   So far I've been keeping up!




No comments:

Post a Comment